Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day May 2008

I was overwhelmed by the love I felt from my family yesterday. Uncle Dick Curran was in town and so he joined in the fun of the Curran Clan overwhelming me with their musical abilities. Conn, Erin, Shane and also Owen and Aidan, recorded for me (they did the singing) my favorite song, "Christopher Robin." I collapsed into an emotional, joyful puddle of tears as I listened. Conn recorded several other songs and Erin gave me a CD of her singing several Spanish favorites. Sean did all the recording and mixing in his studio. Shane presented me with a cd full of Super Flow recordings. I loved it.

Not to leave out Sean, I play his CD daily in my classroom. My math kids work harder when they listen to "Definit." Quinn gave me a gift certificate for Dad and me to go to dinner at La Cai (sp). We'll really have to dress up for that one. Shannon, the darling girl, was out taking photos (earning some bucks) and couldn't be in on the recording session. Our Sharon and her sweet boys completed the day. Have I mentioned that I love this daughter-in-law of mine. Shannon's Ryan was missed; he was home sick. Ryan is incredible! Caitilin, Kurt, Gavin and Ryan were in Hawaii. Caitilin spent Mother's Day suffering with a horrible sun burn. What a nice guy Kurt is; he took Caitilin and the boys to Hawaii to have a real family vacation. Love that guy. Megan, Kalin and Kai were in Houston and they too were missed. My sweetheart, Doug, gave me a wonderful book by Gordon B. Hinckley. Darlene learned three guitar chords and spent part of the evening singing her Maori songs and playing the guitar.

One more wonderful thing. Doug and I were out on Saturday for our regular late Saturday breakfast at noon. While we were out, Shannon and Erin came over and cleaned the upstairs so things would be spotless for our Sunday gathering. Such a thoughtful gift! It is such a joy to be a mother.

2 comments:

ryan said...

I may not have been there, but I still love you...

P.S. Shannon didn't bring me home any food - you never know - was I supposed to get something :)

GrammaColleen said...

Ryan, I am so sorry that your wife did not think to bring you any food from the gathering. You know I love you and regret the insensitivity of Shannon. I'll have to talk to her about that.